Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Vintage Fashion, My New Obsession

One day I looked in my closet and realized that I have a lot of clothes...and I hardly every wore some of them. There were miscellaneous shirts and whatnot just hanging there because I didn't know what to wear them with or because they were too small and I didn't have the heart to get rid of them. So I went through everything and made room for a new, improved wardrobe. I didn't know what I wanted to wear more of, so I began searching for inspiration and continually found myself drawn to the lovely world of vintage fashion.

 I discovered this fantastic blog, written by a gorgeous woman named Fleur McGerr, and I couldn't stop telling everyone I know about her haha. She has inspired me to pursue my vintage wardrobe dreams and now I am absolutely addicted to her blog. You can read about her for yourself at www.diaryofavintagegirl.com. Here are a few pictures of her...


She is so beautiful and so wonderfully British! She's also one of the reasons I started this blog, she made blogging look like so much fun! 

Another one of my new fashion inspirations is Rita Hayworth, one of the Top stars from the 1940's. I find her glamour and style to be my favorite among the famous women of her time. Her hair and makeup were simple and elegant, ever her pinup photos were tasteful....which is an accomplishment in my opinion. 




It has now been a few months since I started adding more vintage pieces to my closet and now I have a small collection of items  :)  It's fun to see so many different vintage styles, I'm still trying to find out which one  suits me best. I'll post a few of my outfits in future posts!

toodle-loo!

~Lady of Virtue 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!